Monday, February 18, 2008

no ups today

Dan had to go back to AA today, i drove him there in the morning. On the way to the airport, we saw a bunch of wild turkeys. Looked like a whole community, walking in my neighborhood.
Met Jay for breakfast, which was great, since he and Lindsey had been skiing in Tahoe all weekend with their myriad of friends, and didn't get to spend much time with Dan. Drove to the airport, and on the way, Dan found another staircase. (now i've HIM looking!) i will have to go back to Pacheco street and find it, it's beautiful. It's probably one in my book.
Left him off, boo hoo, and came back to the condo. Worked on the symposium i am helping with. It's nice out, i didn't think it would be so i forced myself out and find a little nearby park near Marinwood, off the Lucas Valley exit. i read some meditations there, and lapped up the sun. Not for long, i am very tired, and want to be home. doing laundry and talking to Ella, the cat. (did i mention her yet?---she is part of the deal here, a skittish charmer who is very smart and cunning, but good company.)
i am really missing Dan, we had a really nice weekend. i really miss him, which is kinda nice, but i also feel o.k. on my own. feel really relaxed; i think i was so ready for this experience, and it's not disappointing me, rather, it's joyous, even if i'm missing Dan. Am also really missing Matt, Rachel, and my Isaac!

2 comments:

pat haber said...

Pat,
Love reading your thoughts and impressions. Your day, today, reminds me of the many times I said good bye to Tom during his four years in St Louis. If you haven't read the book Tales of a Female Nomad, you would love it. It is a classic. Thinking of you enviously everyday. I've always loved the chapters of my life when i lived alone.
Ruth

pat haber said...

actually, Ruth Winter said the comment, i had to cut and paste it in.